Energy Power Systems Australia has developed an innovative line of mobile energy generators to provide an efficient mobile power generation solution for use in diverse applications in different environments.
The development of the mobile energy generators or MEGs came about following the 2007 bushfire season when extensive power outages caused a national scramble for mobile power generation units.
Energy Power Systems Australia (EPSA) Sales Engineer Brian Williams set about designing a mobile energy generator that would appeal to a wide range of public and private sector operators.
The primary objective was to achieve a mobile power generation solution that could be moved from location to location over a wide range of terrains including rugged off-road terrain accessible only by 4-wheel drive vehicles.
Other requirements included high reliability, ability to operate in extreme heat conditions, easy start function, user-friendly operation as well as extended running capability.
EPSA worked closely with a number of specialist suppliers including a heavy duty trailer manufacturer to take the MEG from concept to reality.
A framework for the MEG was developed based on the need for mobility as the mobile generator would need to be moved from location to location quickly.
The core of the mobile energy generators is a single phase Olympian GP14SP 14 kVA generator set that is not only highly reliable and ideally suited for trailer mounting but also backed by the national Caterpillar dealer network for guaranteed service support throughout Australia.
Key features of EPSA’s mobile energy generators:
- Double walled base fuel tank to meet EPA’s guidelines covering fuel contamination
- 12-volt pump to manually top up the fuel tank from a jerry can if required
- Dual standby batteries, outlet plugs and leads with earth leakage protection
- Static battery charger
- 240-volt engine heater kit to plug the MEG into mains power to keep the batteries charged and the engine warm for short notice starting
- Heavy duty service kit fitted to the gen-sets to enable off-road transportation
- Rugged design, field-proven reliability and fuel-efficient operation
- Up to 14 kVA of mobile power for use wherever needed