In just a few years, the AIR X marine has become the standard wind turbine among blue water cruisers selling over 70,000 turbines worldwide.
AIR X marine is a new generation of small wind turbines. The onboard microprocessor monitors wind speed and optimises output using a peak power tracking feature.
Another patented feature allows the AIR X marine to quietly produce maximum output and then slow the blades to eliminate flutter noise.
Features of the AIR X marine:
- Internal charge controller that is externally adjustable for any type of battery
- Patented peak power tracking for maximum power at all wind speeds
- Exclusive autobrake slows the blades to a silent spin when the batteries are charged
- Marine quality powder coated aluminium body, all stainless steel hardware, marine grade wire, water tight housing
- Variable pitch aerolastic all carbon fibre blades
- Brushless permanent magnet alternator
- Maintenance free with only two moving parts
Specifications of the AIR X marine:
- Rotor diameter: 46" (1.15 meters)
- Weight: 13 lbs. (5.85 kg)
- Mount: 1.5" (1.9" OD, 48 mm)
- SCHED 40 pipe
- Start up wind speed: 6 Knots (7 mph, 2.7 m/s)
- Voltage: 12, 24 and 48 VDC
- Rated Output: 400 watts at 24 Knots (28 mph, 12.5 m/s)
The design of the body efficiently flows excess heat into the wind reducing operating temperature, which improves performance.
The AIR X marine is capable of supplying power for:
- Water maker
- Navigational equipment
- Communication equipment
The AIR X marine is available from Energy Matters.