Morningstar’s SunSaver is a leading small solar controller for both professional and consumer applications.
SunSaver’s technology provides:
- Good reliability
- PWM battery charging
- Consistent high quality.
The SunSaver’s advanced design delivers good performance and value. The
SunSaver’s low cost is made possible by Morningstar’s approach to design and manufacturing:
- Automated production
- ISO 9002 quality programs
- New power electronic technologies
- New control and logic technologies
- High volume manufacturing.
- Eight versions available 12 and 24 volts 6, 10 and 20 amps
- 100% solid state
- Series design (not shunt)
- True 0 to 100% PWM duty cycle
- Setpoint accuracy to 35 mV
- Rated for 25% overloads
- Fully encapsulated in epoxy potting
- Marine rated terminals / anodised case
- Temperature compensation
- Sealed / Flooded battery select
- No need to derate
- Parallel for 40 amps or more
- Green charging / red LVD indicators.
- Wire size #10 AWG (5.2 mm2)
- Anodised aluminium case
- Marine rated terminals
- Epoxy encapsulated
- Weight is 8 oz (0.23 kg).
- 12 volt 24 volt
- Rated solar input 6.5 /10/20 A
- Rated load 6/10/20 A
- 25% current overload 5 min. 5 min.
- Sealed battery 14.1 v 28.2 v
- Flooded battery 14.4 v 28.8 v
- Load disconnect 11.5 v 23.0 v
- LVD reconnect 12.6 v 25.2 v
- Temp. comp. (mV/°C) –28 –56
- Self-consumption 6 to 10 mA
- Operating temperature –40 to +85ºC.
The SunSaver solar controller is available from Energy Matters.