The new Levelflex M FMP5x range of sensors from Endress + Hauser Australia ensures cost-efficient, reliable, continuous level measurement performance even under the most demanding application conditions. These level measurement sensors showcase the innovations of dual technology interface measurement, and the HistoROM data memory module. The range of sensors is fully modular, with a choice of sensors covering liquids, solids, pastes, liquefied gases or bulk solids. Severe conditions are not a problem as the sensors handle low/high pressures (vacuum up to 400 bar), low/high temperatures (-200 up to +450 °C) and corrosive or abrasive materials.
Exactly the right model can be selected for a variety of industrial applications including:
- Hydrocarbon processing
- Oil and gas
The FMP5x range of level measurement sensors use guided radar technology. High-frequency radar pulses are guided along a probe, eliminating false echoes and ensuring signal integrity is maintained even in turbulence, foams or from tank obstructions. Level measurements are independent of material characteristics such as density or bulk weight, conductivity, dielectric constant, and process variables such as temperature, pressure, condensation and dust. Whilst conventional guided radar instruments are prone to measurement deviations in high pressure, steam or gas phase applications, the FMP5x range of level measurement sensors feature active gas phase compensation to maintain accuracy and control.
Key features of the FMP5x range of level measurement sensors include:
- These level measurement sensors are available in plastic, aluminium or stainless steel housings
- 4 - 20mA HART, PROFIBUS PA or FOUNDATION Fieldbus protocols are included on the sensors for system integration
- IECEx certification and SIL 2 ratings are achieved in accordance with IEC 61508/IEC 61511-1
- The FMP5x range of sensors for level measurement are off-the-shelf ready for use in hazardous areas and safety related systems
- These FMP55 sensors feature dual technology and use capacitance to continuously calculate the dielectric constants, to sustain measurement reliability in these applications.
The FMP5x range of level measurement sensors offer a range of benefits. Simplicity of commissioning and operation are key to the success of these sensors. Menu-guided setup on the level measurement sensors reduces installation time and effort, which can be completed in six simple steps. A role specific menu structure on the sensors allows for different operating levels – from basic operation to maintenance (commissioning/troubleshooting) to expert (specific task/problem solving). Another important benefit of the level measurement sensors is the reduction in maintenance. Because of the fact that the sensors have no moving parts, the device’s configuration settings are stored in the innovative HistoROM data memory module. This allows for easy system restoration and multi-point commissioning without the need for specialised technical knowledge.