Emerson Process Management presents a new booster design innovation that enables fast valve response to rapid input signal changes.
Emerson’s new Fisher VBL pneumatic volume boosters incorporate a fixed deadband, internal soft seats and an integral bypass restriction that combine to eliminate positioner problems typically caused by boosters without these design features. The internal soft seats yield tight shutoff to reduce unnecessary air consumption and eliminate saturation of positioner relays.
The enhanced performance capability of Fisher VBL pneumatic volume boosters is an important factor in applications where a valve positioner alone cannot provide the stroking speed needed to meet rapidly changing process conditions and demands.
Key features of Fisher VBL pneumatic volume boosters:
- New booster design features a fixed deadband, internal soft seats and an integral bypass restriction
- Bypass restriction enables fast actuator response and increases performance
- Restriction also allows tuning valve response to follow slow signal changes or provide on/off control without impacting booster deadband
- Compact and lightweight in design with an aluminium body, ¼” NPT input and ½” NPT connections
- Internal diaphragms, upper and lower valves, and O-rings are of HNBR
- Maximum input signal pressure is 10.3 bar with an input to output ratio fixed at 1:1
Emerson Process Management is part of Emerson, a global leader providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial and consumer markets through its network power, process management systems, industrial automation solutions, climate technologies, and appliance and tools businesses.