Wind River Systems, a global leader in Device Software Optimization (DSO), has announced the immediate availability of Wind River On-Chip Debugging for Manufacturing and Test, an innovative standards-based offering that allows test and manufacturing engineers the ability to diagnose hardware problems on the manufacturing floor. This new solution is available from Embedded Logic Solutions .
This robust new solution enables manufacturing organisations to increase production line throughput, validate and verify finished products more effectively, reduce scrap and rework, and easily create custom test applications for their individual needs. Furthermore, On-Chip Debugging for Manufacturing and Test complements and extends an organisation’s existing investment in tools such as boundary scanners, logic analysers and oscilloscopes.
Unlike competitive offerings in the marketplace today that focus solely on device hardware and software development, the Wind River solution uniquely combines the company's leadership in on-chip debugging-based development solutions together with specific test and manufacturing tooling and pre-integration with the revolutionary National Instruments (NI) LabVIEW platform and development environment.
Specifically, Wind River On-Chip Debugging for Manufacturing and Test includes Wind River ICE and Wind River Probe emulator products, Wind River On-Chip Debugging API and Utility JTAG testing solution, and the NI LabVIEW Virtual Instrument Driver. When used collectively, the solution enables manufacturing organisations:
- To streamline the testing process in manufacturing because the device under test (DUT) does not have to be fully operational
- To shorten the manufacturing debug process through target CPU and memory subsystem analysis and debugging
- To simplify the creation of elaborate test and automation systems, reducing test/manufacturing costs and improving manufacturing cycle time
- To use automated tests that deliver consistent and predictable results
- Wind River On-Chip Debugging for Manufacturing and Test Enhancements.
Specific enhancements to the Wind River On-Chip Debugging Utility in this release include:
- Memory Upload Utility — The Memory Upload Utility allows developers to select a specific area of memory on the target and extract data into a file saved in the Host PC file system. This feature allows test and manufacturing engineers to load and run test scripts on their targets, capture the results stored in specific areas of memory and store the results for future reference and analysis.
- Enhanced Virtual Instruments Support — Wind River has further enhanced the integration of the On-Chip Debugging API with National Instruments LabVIEW through the creation of Higher-Level Virtual Instruments (VIs). These new VIs enable LabVIEW users to more easily create their own custom test applications