USB to CAN interfaces from Embedded Logic Solutions and manufactured by Peak System Technik are designed to provide an easy and cost-effective means to integrate into 2.0A and 2.0B CAN networks. These devices operate at a maximum baud rate of 1 Mbit/s and are ideal for operation with notebooks and laptops.
Software and in-house programming sources are supplied to provide a more complete and fully featured product. The USB-ISO version also includes optical decoupling.
Other features of USB to CAN interfaces from Embedded Logic Solutions include:
- Compact, space saving plastic casing
- Built in DC/DC converters and optical couplers to provide electrical isolation to a maximum of 500 V between PC and CAN networks
- PHILIPS SJA 1000 CAN controller, 16 MHz clock frequency
- 82C251 CAN transceiver
- Compliant with CAN specifications 2.0A (11-bit ID) and 2.0B (29-bit ID)
- SJA 1000 hardware can be reset via software
- CAN bus connection via Sub-D, 9-pin (to CiA DS102-1)