Embedded Logic Solutions present PCAN to PCI cards manufactured by Peak System Technik and designed for connecting CAN buses to PCs using PCI bus systems. These PCAN to PCI cards eliminate the need to configure the card in order to adapt it to PC since the drivers register it automatically. PCAN to PCI cards are packaged with software for Windows and sample sources for in-house programming.
PCAN to PCI cards are equipped with SJA 1000 CAN controllers and 82C251 drivers. Connection to the CAN bus is through a 9-pin Sub-D connector in which the pin assignment complies with CiA draft standard DS 102-1.
Other features of PCAN to PCI cards from Embedded Logic Solutions include:
- Optional single or dual channel configurations
- PCAN to PCI ISO versions include optical decoupling
- Built-in DC/DC converters and optical couplers provide electrical isolation to a maximum of 500 V between the PC and CAN networks
- Baud rate setting up to 1 Mbit/s
- PC plug-in card for PCI slot
- Fully PNP compliant
- PHILIPS SJA 1000 CAN controller with 16 MHz clock frequency
- 82C251 CAN transceiver
- SMD technology for space-saving dimensions
- CAN bus connection via Sub-D, 9-pin (to CiA DS102-1)
- Hardware can be reset via software
- Optional electrical isolation to 500 V