Embedded Logic Solutions present PCAN to LIN modules which enable CAN, LIN and serial users to communicate with each other.
These modules are supplied in plastic casings which also include firmware that enable data transactions between different bus systems. The various modules can be set up with the aid of configuration software, and the module acting as the LIN master can request data and send the incoming LIN data to the CAN bus and/or the serial interface. The default bit rate for LIN is 19200 bps. The data from CAN is rerouted straight to LIN without offset with the default bit rate for CAN being 500 Kbps.
Features of PCAN to LIN modules from Embedded Logic Solutions include:
- Compliance with LIN protocol specification Rev. 1.2
- Electrical decoupling available between RS232 and CAN/LIN - max. 1 kV (optional)
- Available for use as LIN slave or master/slave
- General purpose gateway from RS232 to LIN (and back), RS232 to CAN (and back), CAN to LIN (and back)
- Individual LIN frames can be initiated via CAN or RS232 when LIN scheduler is not active
- Optional user-definable LIN-ID list