Embedded Logic Solutions present PCAN-LWL optical couplers manufactured by Peak System Technik. These optical couplers consist of a 62.5/125 µm duplex fiber optical cable with ST connectors and enable any CAN section to be replaced by an optical waveguide. Conversion can be to low-speed or high-speed CAN.
Areas of application for optical couplers include EMC measurements on CAN modules, CAN sub-sections with high electromagnetic irradiation and line through areas protected against the risk of explosion.
PCAN-LWL optical couplers are also package with two modules complete with five metres of fibre optical cable and connectors. These modules require an external power supply and have a built-in power pack. They can also be powered by batteries with one packaged as an optional alternative power source.
Features of PCAN LWL optical couplers include:
- LED display for driver mode
- High speed CAN: PCA82C251 driver, bus termination 120 Ohm internal
- Low speed CAN: TJA 1054 driver, max. 125 KBaud, bus termination reversible between 510 Ohm/5.6 kOhm, bus error display
- Aluminium profile casing
- CAN bus connection via Sub-D, 9-pin (to CiA DS102-1)
- Supply voltage: 6.5 - 30 V
- Supply via Sub-D 9-pin, or DC connector (jumper)
- Battery operation via external battery (7.2 V)