The LPKF StencilCheck software from Embedded Logic Solutions inspects SMT stencils for cleanliness. The LPKF StencilCheck software is also used to verify that each aperture is free of debris. An absolutely clean stencil ensures an entire and reliable paste release when printing. The inspection of the cleaning saves time for test printings and is reliable than a visual inspection.
Based on a commercially approved PC – Scanner (which is not part of the delivery) the software generates an optical scan of the SMT solder paste stencil. This scan will be compared against the CAD production data. Any impurities in the stencil will be shown directly on the PC. A full report can be printed and used for the QC management.
LPKF StencilCheck is suited for a number of application fields including:
- Controlling cleanness after stencil cleaning and before starting production
- Controlling stencil service lives by testing the influence of the squeegees and printing parameters on the SMT stencil
- Accuracy check and certification by the stencil manufacturer
- Generating stencil cutting data from PCB scans or the existing solder paste stencil
- Tracing the quality of delivered solder paste stencils: copies of the scan can be archived