FR or Flame Resistant clothing can be the difference between safety and serious injury for workers exposed to the risk of flash fire, electrical arc flash and molten metal splash in industrial environments. The right type of FR clothing and PPE should be provided as a last line of defence to ensure workers are protected from harm in the event of an accident.
TenCate Tecasafe plus is a flame resistant fabric engineered to provide unbeatable electric arc and flash fire protection for electrical, petroleum and gas workers, utility linesmen, foundry workers, welders, oil refinery workers, and various professionals working in hazardous workplace environments.
Lasting twice as long as FR treated cotton fabrics, Tecasafe plus is a soft and lightweight fabric constructed from a tri-blend of 48% modacrylic, 37% lyocell and 15% aramid fibres, and is extremely comfortable to wear while providing the end user with superior inherent FR protection that exceeds the NFPA 70E and NFPA 2112 FR performance standards. The FR fabric's inherent protection will never wash out or wear out.
Tecasafe plus fabric construction
- Provides FR protection and durability to the Tencel fibres
- Very easy to colour dye
- Cellulose content provides superior comfort and soft handle
- Superior moisture management as a result of Tencel being able to absorb 3x its own weight in water
- Provides enhanced durability and thermal stability
- Extremely low shrinkage and loss of strength when exposed to thermal exposure
Key benefits of Tecasafe plus FR fabric:
- Inherently flame resistant
- Electrical arc flash and flash fire protection
- Extremely comfortable to wear – soft and breathable
- Excellent moisture management
- Exceptional abrasion resistance and strength retention
- Easy care washing; maintains like-new appearance after multiple industrial washes
- Available in a range of colours including Hi Vis yellow
- Tecasafe plus is UL certified to NFPA 2112 (Flash Fire Certified)
- Meets standards for FR fabrics – NFPA70E & ASTM F15
- Manufactured to meet requirements of Australian Standard
- AS4602.1:2011 High Visibility Safety Garments