Elliotts presents their sun protection range of hats and helmet covers designed to help workers keep cool at outdoor worksites in the summer.
High temperature and humidity levels in summer expose outdoor workers to heat and sun-related safety issues. Keeping cool and shaded in the summer months can reduce the risks of these safety issues and increase the concentration of the workers.
Elliotts’ sun protection hats and helmet covers provide shade and protection from the sun while allowing the head to receive airflow and remain as cool as possible.
Elliotts’ sun protection range includes:
- Detachable hard hat brims are made from durable cotton providing excellent sun protection; available in Green, Orange, Yellow and Navy Blue
- Straw hats feature an orange band wide lined brim with cord toggle; available in sizes S, M, L and XL
- Broad brim hats in Navy, High Vis Orange and Canvas include mesh side vents, full brim, cord with toggles; available in sizes M, L and XL
Employers have a responsibility towards minimising health and safety risks under section 20-2 of the Workplace Health and Safety Act 1995.
Tips for outdoor workers in summer:
- Rotate tasks in the direct sunlight between workers
- Use trees, buildings and other temporary shades as shelter
- Avoid working near reflective materials
- Keep the body core as cool as possible
- Drink plenty of cool water
- Wear protective clothing (long sleeved, UPF-rated shirts)
- Wear a broad-brimmed hat and sunglasses