Trolleys are often pushed manually to transfer packs of green or dry timber into areas where they can be mechanically removed.
High force is often required to initiate the movement of heavy trolleys. Some of the factors to consider when addressing the risks involved are:
- Traffic management issues, separation of pedestrians from forklifts
- Implementing administrative procedures if mechanical aids are not available
- Limiting the distances trolleys need to be pushed
- Getting the appropriate trolleys made or changing existing castors
- Implementing maintenance procedures for trolleys, castors and housekeeping
These issues can be avoided by purchasing an Electrodrive Tug. The Electrodrive Tug hooks on to an existing trolley with a simple hitch. This converts a heavy trolley into an easy to move motorised assembly with higher power. It can be operated by one person who does not need to have a licence to operate it. The Tug eliminates back or shoulder strain.