Balogh has been designing and manufacturing contactless identification systems for all environments since 1958.
Balogh’s palette of solutions covers a wide range of RFID tags, readers and interfaces, targeting the following applications; industrial automation and asset tracking, security, transportation, railway, industrial logistics and the supply chain.
Balogh RFID product line consists of a wide range of RFID tags, transceiver’s (with antennas) and control interfaces adapted to a large number of applications.
- Industrial automation: Identification and tracking of industrial processes
- Logistics: Industrial logistics and tracking through supply chains
Transportation: Fleet management, vehicle ID, vehicle access
- Railways: ID and management of subways, passenger trains etc
- Security: Intelligent access control and asset/theft management
Features of RFID for railway applications:
- On board Automatic Sound and Visual Announcements (ASVA)
- On line train position (ten centimetres precision instead of ten meters with GPS, using both solutions together is an economic solution
- Automatic continuous control of train’s speed with automatic urgent braking
- Depot or yard management (part of operating system)
- Detection at crossings
- Detection of passage
- Train configuration: Automatic adjustment of washing facilities according to gauge and length of trains, automatic flow adjustment at depot’s petrol station
- Control of correct vehicle position before being authorised to open the doors (platform screen doors, assistance equipment for disabled access)
- Adjustment’s of vehicle’s step height according quay’s height
- Coaches / wagons identification (AVI Automatic Vehicle Identification)
- On board Contactless readable technical history (asset management)
- Continuous knowledge of wagons position; train composition management
- Immediate identification of a coach at hot box detector’s passage
- Immediate identification of overweight / incorrectly loaded wagons near railway scales
The RFID tags, readers and interfaces are available from Electro-Com.