WIZ107SR is a gateway module that converts serial protocol (RS-232) into TCP/IP protocol.
Allowing remote management and control of serial devices through TCP/IP networks, the compact serial-to-Ethernet RS232 module features a user-friendly configuration tool program that provides quick and simple Internet-enabled solutions for designers to implement their solutions.
WIZ107SR includes Wiznet’s hardwired TCP/IP chip that embeds most TCP/IP protocols such as TCP, UDP, IP, ARP, ICMP, IGMP and Ethernet MAC. The module supports 10Mbps and 100Mbps Ethernet and a standard RJ-45 is mounted on the WIZ107SR board.
Wiznet WIZ107SR is a cost-effective protocol converter that transmits data sent by serial equipment such as TCP/IP data type, and converts the TCP/IP data received through the network into serial data to transmit back to the equipment.
These serial-to-Ethernet modules find application in auto metering readers, security alarm systems, vending machines, digital signage and building automation.
Key features of Wiznet WIZ107SR compact serial-to-Ethernet module:
- Connects with the serial device directly
- Adds network function simply and quickly
- Supports firmware customisation according to customer’s requirement
- Ensures high system stability and reliability by using W7100A hardware chip
- Hardwired TCP/IP chip embeds TCP, UDP, IP, ARP, ICMP, IGMP and Ethernet MAC
- Supports serial configuration with simple and easy command
- Supports password for security
- Supports serial command for serial configuration
- Easy and powerful configuration tool program
- Measures 48mm x 30mm x 18mm
- 10/100 Ethernet interface and max 230Kbps serial interface
- Supports IP configuration - Static, DHCP
- Supports DNS
- RoHS compliant