Specifically targeted at businesses seeking to reduce toll charges between frequently called sites, the MultiVOIP gateway allows users to realise substantial savings on inter-office long distance toll charges by integrating voice and fax into an existing data network.
All MultiVOIP gateways connect directly to phones, fax machines, key systems, PSTN lines or PBX systems to provide real-time, toll-quality voice connections to any office on a VOIP network.
Available in 1, 2, 4 and 8 port models, MultiVOIP analogue gateways offer a flexible architecture and robust feature set to meet the demands of a broad range of IP applications.
Key features of Multitech MultiVOIP gateways:
- Ethernet connectivity and full IP compatibility with existing routers and WAN infrastructure
- FXS/FXO/DID and E&M connectors on each channel for direct analogue connection to phones, key telephones, PBX extensions, PSTN lines or PBX trunks
- PSTN fail-over automatically routes calls over the PSTN network if the IP network is congested or down
- Supports H.323, SIP or SPP for sending voice over the Internet
- Supports H.450 supplementary services to provide for call transfer, call forwarding, call hold, call waiting and name identification
- Voice compression to 5.3Kbps per call with support for multiple algorithms including ITU G.723 and G.729
- T.38 real-time fax relay for interoperability among other VOIP systems
- Voice prioritisation using industry-standard Differentiated Services (DiffServ) protocol
- Configuration and management using a web browser or Windows