The GainSpan GS1550MD Wi-Fi module offers OEMs a quick, easy and cost-effective way to enable leading edge Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11a/b/g/n) in their platforms.
The fully certified module provides multiple serial UART or SPI interfaces to enable connection to any embedded design utilising an 8/16/32-bit microcontroller via simple commands. An ideal solution for OEMs with zero or limited Wi-Fi or RF expertise, the GainSpan Wi-Fi module reduces development time significantly and eliminates the burden of testing and certification, allowing customers to exclusively focus on their core platform.
The GainSpan GS1550MD WiFi modules support Wi-Fi PHY rates up to 150 Mbps, are fully compliant with 802.11a/b/g/n and meet Wi-Fi Alliance and worldwide regulatory requirements. Their support for a peer-to-peer networking capability allows Wi-Fi devices to connect to one another without an access point, enabling easy transfer of content anytime, anywhere.
For applications utilising a small 8-bit microcontroller host, the modules support a serial to Wi-Fi function and run the full Wi-Fi and TCP/IP networking stacks, completely offloading the host.
Key features of GainSpan GS1550MD Wi-Fi modules:
- Offers access to external flash on application board
- Includes ADC pins for connecting sensors for development of Wi-Fi based sensor devices
- Multiple software configurations available for running a stack or network services
- Supports WEP/WPA/WPA2 security, Web Server as well as Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) for ease of provisioning
- Module SKU is single sided, pin compatible with previous GS1011M, GS1500M modules