Antenova M10477 and M10478 are highly integrated GPS RF antenna modules suitable for L1-band GPS and A-GPS systems. Based on the high performance CSR SiRFstarIV GPS architecture combined with Antenova’s high efficiency antenna technology, the GPS modules are designed to provide an optimal radiation pattern for GPS reception.
Designed as a true drop-in solution with the antenna and RF in a single SMT package, GPS Radionova M10477 and M10478 modules offer ease of integration and shorter design cycles for faster time to market.
All front-end and receiver components are contained in a single package laminate base module, providing a complete GPS receiver for optimum performance.
Antenova M10477 and M10478 GPS modules operate on a single 1.8V positive supply with low power consumption and several low power modes for further power savings. An accurate 0.5ppm TCXO ensures a short TTFF. The M10477 and M10478 are supported by SiRF standalone software and compatible with UART, SPI and I2C host processor interfaces.
Key features of Antenova M10477 and M10478 GPS modules:
- Easy to use, low cost single package GPS RF antenna modules
- SiRFstarIV 9333 GPS chipset
- Ultra small SMT package (24.2 x 9.9 x 3.8mm - M10477 and 13.8 x 9.5 x 1.8mm - M10478)
- Low current consumption <10mW required for TricklePower mode
- Adaptive Micropower Controller - Only 50-500uA maintains hot start capability
- Novel external matching ensures easy tuning for each platform
- Anti jammer remover tracks up to 8 CW jammers
- SiRF Instant Fix - SGEE (Server Generated EE) and CGEE Client Generated EE usage (SiRF Instant Fix)
- Less than 1g weight for the M10478 module and 1.1g weight for the M10477 module