Edge PLM Software announces the availability of the Student Edition of Solid Edge software for 3D CAD free of charge to all full-time or part-time students throughout Australia and New Zealand at any academic level.
Edge Software PLM is a leading supplier of software solutions for engineering, manufacturing and consulting companies across Australia.
Provided to students as a no-charge 12-month license through an easy, instant download, the Student Edition of Solid Edge 3D CAD software contains the latest Solid Edge functionality necessary to create detailed product designs as well as Siemens PLM Software’s market leading synchronous technology, which represents the next generation of design software. The license can be renewed each year provided the user remains a qualified student.
Siemens PLM Software makes its revolutionary synchronous technology available to students to help meet the growing demand for graduates with skills and experience in modern CAD technology.
According to Karsten Newbury, senior vice president and general manager of Solid Edge and Velocity Series, Siemens PLM Software, the special no-charge license seeks to address the growing demand from the global manufacturing community for new engineering graduates with the ability to add instant value to their product design and development process.
The free Student Edition of Solid Edge 3D CAD software will help educate a new generation of students with the skills, experience and confidence needed to immediately leverage advanced CAD design methods using Solid Edge with its revolutionary synchronous technology.
Highlights of the Student Edition of Solid Edge 3D CAD software:
- Contains all the functionality necessary to create complete product designs using sophisticated and modern techniques
- Siemens PLM Software’s unique synchronous technology combines the speed and flexibility of direct modelling with the precise control of dimension driven design
- Access to the full function modules of Solid Edge drafting, sheet metal, surfacing and advanced assembly design
- Links to tutorials and other online media as well as access to a dedicated Internet forum for collaborating with other Solid Edge users
- Access to technical productivity tips to help further increase proficiency