Edge Software, available from Product Lifecycle Management today announced enhancements to Solid Edge, the mechanical design system with exceptional tools for creating and managing 3D digital prototypes. With core modeling and process workflows, a unique focus on the needs of specific industries, and fully integrated design management, Solid Edge guides projects toward an error free, accurate design solution.
The new release of Solid Edge extends synchronous technology within core part and assembly modeling for complex feature creation and advanced sketch editing tools that reduce overall design time. To improve 2D to 3D data migration, Solid Edge turns 2D dimensions from imported drawings into 3D driving dimensions during model creation, so users can edit 3D designs based on the intent from 2D. In addition, Live Sections can be used to simplify 3D model changes by letting users edit 2D cross sections cut through any part of a 3D model, and update the 3D model in real-time.
Features of Solid Edge prototyping software include:
- The Solid Edge prototyping software now applies synchronous technology to sheet metal design, creating a feature-based, history-free 3D design application for modeling straight brake sheet metal parts.
- Synchronous technology brings new levels of productivity to the sheet metal environment so users can create models with less pre-planning, make changes with unbounded flexibility and reuse and edit supplier data more effectively.
- Solid Edge Simulation is a new optional analysis tool embedded into the CAD system that allows design validation of parts and assemblies earlier in the product development process for quicker time to market and reduced physical prototyping costs
- It is easy for designers and engineers to use and promotes increased use of simulation within Solid Edge, fostering design innovation
- Users of Solid Edge digital prototyping software can edit 3D designs based on the intent from 2D
- Live sections can be used to simplify 3D model changes by letting users edit 2D cross sections cut through any part of a 3D model, and update the 3D model in real-time