UGS, represented in Australia by Edge Software , has released Version 9.1 of Femap, its robust pre- and post-processing finite element modelling application that serves as a key component of the UGS Velocity Series.
The UGS Velocity Series is the industry's first comprehensive, preconfigured portfolio of digital product design, analysis and data management software.
"Femap is focused on bringing analysis closer to the design process," said manager of Femap Marketing, UGS, Alistair Robertson.
"Femap makes finite element analysis (FEA) more accessible and easier to use by experts and occasional users alike, while maintaining the integrity of the analysis. With the combination of Femap's new native Windows user interface, a newly established Femap Express integrated in Solid Edge Version 18 for fast, yet accurate analysis, and UGS' renewed focus on computer-aided engineering analysis (CAE), Femap is poised for explosive growth over the next several years."
Femap Version 9.1 offers in-depth finite element modelling functionality that allows access to advanced analysis solutions, in a native Windows environment. The user interface is updated to reflect the latest generation Windows look and feel, further enhancing usability and productivity.
Femap is also highly integrated with Nastran, the industry's leading solver technology, to form a broad and comprehensive CAE solution.
Femap Version 9.1 includes powerful customisation and automation tools among these new enhancements:
* A fully associative interface with Solid Edge V18 for effective geometry transfer in preparation for analysis, maintaining data integrity between design and analysis
* A new direct CATIA V5 translator enhances geometry transfer for CATIA users - this new additional module strengthens the CAD integration capabilities in Femap, which already include CATIA V4, Pro/Engineer, SolidWorks, any Parasolid or ACIS geometry as well as STEP and IGES
* A fully integrated BASIC development environment, providing direct access to the OLE/COM API of Femap, as well any other OLE/COM-compliant application
* An updated macro-driven program file environment, with its own access window provides record, editing and playback functionality for the automation of repetitive tasks
* Strengthened NX Nastran integration with a new linear surface-to-surface contact capability
* Improved mesh quality around critical boundaries and stress raisers with a new quadrilateral element meshing option
* Improved results visualisation and collaboration with a new option to directly output JT files
* Support for Nastran spot weld elements to aid modelling of sheet metal component fasteners.
The first customer shipment of Femap Version 9.1 is planned for the last quarter of 2005.