Eco Whisper Turbines Pty Ltd introduces an extremely quiet range of 20kW wind turbines incorporating an innovative cowl/ring to prevent air from spilling off the blades.
Renewable Energy Solutions Australia Holdings Ltd (RESA) an Australian Renewable Energy company and member of the Clean Energy Council of Australia has unveiled the Eco Whisper Turbine in Geelong, Victoria.
Standing 21 metres high and featuring a unique, intuitive blade design for virtually silent operation, the Eco Whisper Turbine is now in operation at leading Australian manufacturer, AUSTENG Engineering in Geelong for viewing by industry and energy sectors.
Set to revolutionise delivery of renewable electricity supply for urban and rural applications, the new Eco Whisper’s silent operation and its ability to operate in a range of wind conditions makes it ideal for urban developments, commercial sites and agricultural applications.
Michael Le Messurier, Eco Whisper’s Business Development Manager says that the turbine is set to revolutionise small to medium-size renewable electricity generation with significant interest already being received from industry.
Advantages of the Eco Whisper Turbine especially the quiet operation and ability to operate effectively in a range of wind conditions make it well-suited for organisations seeking to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and impact of carbon tax to achieve the renewable target of 20% by 2020.
The Eco Whisper Turbine is ideal for commercial sites and urban environments such as industrial parks, airports, community groups, universities, councils, ports and manufacturing facilities. Agricultural and rural sites with a focus on remote on/off grid sites and diesel replacement can also derive great benefits from the wind turbines.
Key benefits of Eco Whisper wind turbines:
- Lower start up speed
- Advanced ability to collect wind increases suitability for various sites
- Australian-made generator and inverter deliver more energy without turn away losses
- Blades contained in a central hub to minimise birdlife casualty
- Ideal for small to medium-size renewable electricity generation
- Suits grid and non-grid connections
- Stands at 21m high with the blade measuring 6.5 metres
- Aluminium wind hub and blade are resistant to rust
- Can generate 45,000+ KwH per annum if located in a good wind site