ReactoGard V are recognised in the industry for the protection of fixed bed catalytic reactors and related refinery operations. Their ReactoGard V catalyst protection filters, available from Eaton Filtration , are engineered to a produce cleaner, more efficient low flux operation.
ReactoGard V catalyst protection filters feature filter banks that run in parallel, with each bank handling a portion of the total process flow. Unfiltered liquid enters each bank via the inlet, and is distributed evenly to each filter housing. The liquid flows from the outside of the element to the inside, depositing contaminants on the outside. The clean liquid then exits each bank via the outlet.
As contaminants collect on the filter elements, the pressure differential increases. When the pressure differential reaches a controlled set point on one bank of filters, a pressure switch signals the master controller to isolate the bank and begin the backwash cycle.
These catalyst protection filtration systems are backwashed using filtered liquid or by introducing a separate backwash liquid. This cleaning is carried out without interruption to the rest of the system as a single filter bank that requires cleaning is momentarily isolated from the feed flow and purged.
Then, each filter element on that bank is cleaned sequentially. This method assures that the total backwash energy is directed to individual filters.
Other ReactoGard V catalyst protection filtration system features include:
- flanged valves (vs. socket welded valves) in standard ANSI dimensions simplify serviceability and replacement
- hardened alloy valve seats offer 4-5 times the life of carbon graphite
- actuators are located on valves so there are no mechanical linkages to maintain or adjustments to make
- all components flanged for enhanced serviceability
- systems easily forward purge adaptable when handling high sulphur feeds
- programmable logic control (PLC) with electronic interface to control rooms provides control flexibility and reliability.