The particulate matter is captured in the strainer baskets. The line is then temporarily shut down and the basket removed for cleaning or replacement.
Eaton’s Model 72 pipeline strainers have been the industry-standard Simplex basket strainers for over 70 years. Some of the reasons for their popularity include:
- Unusually large basket capacity
- Free straining area at least 6 times the cross-sectional pipe area
- No tools are needed to open the cover
- Quick opening, swinging yoke can be disassembled and the basket removed in seconds
Wall thickness of these pipeline strainers is exceptionally high. The basket seats are precision machined to give a tight seal.
Additionally, every strainer is hydrostatically tested at 150% of its maximum rated pressure.
The Eaton Model 72 is a high quality, heavy duty strainer that will stand up to the most demanding of applications.
These pipeline strainers are available in iron, bronze, carbon steel or stainless steel in threaded or flanged options.
- Quick open cover without tools
- Large capacity baskets
- Threaded drain
- Machined basket seat
- Perforated or mesh stainless steel baskets
- Basket perforations from 1/32" to 1/2"
- Basket mesh from 20 to 400
- Monel baskets
- Viton, TFE or EPDM seals
- Vent valves
- Drain valves
- 1/4" NPT taps
- Magnetic basket inserts
- Pressure differential gauge and switch connections