Designed to function in high temperatures as well as low temperatures, the US-Types flue gas systems provide maximum flexibility in the piping system after turbocharger. Required to absorb the thermal expansion of piping, US-Types are installed in the flue gas/exhaust system, where the vibrations are small and where a compensation of large axial or lateral expansions or a combination is needed.
EagleBurgmann exhaust expansion joint solutions for flue gas systems are installed in diesel/ gas engine power plants, marine exhaust lines, district heating power plants, coal/ gas/ biomass/ power plants, gas turbines, heat and ventilation systems as well as heat recovery boiler and silencers.
Key features of Bredan US-Types flue gas metal expansion joints:
- Can be designed with service temperature up to 800ºC and/or pressure up to 2.5 Barg
- Fixed or swivel flanges, pipe weld ends, ‘V’ flanges or flange constructions made of stainless/ carbon steel or other alloy materials
- Sleeves recommended for high temperatures and flow velocities
- Sleeves protect bellows from impact of particles
- Casing serves to protect the bellows against dirt and knocks
- Metal bellows made of stainless steel in austenitic steel, Incoloys, Inconels or other formable materials