Global leader in cellular M2M communication modules, CINTERION recently launched the PH8, its new flagship HSPA+ M2M modules.
The new PH8 M2M grade, fully ruggedized high bandwidth module delivers reliable, high-speed wireless connectivity on both 2G and 3G networks in addition to offering a bridge to evolving 4G networks such as LTE.
The new PH8 HSPA+ M2M modules are designed for data rich M2M applications such as streaming video on outdoor billboards, mobile medical monitoring applications, video surveillance solutions and industrial PDAs.
As with all CINTERION modules, full type approval and pre-approval by major global mobile network operators helps ensure a fast and cost-effective road to market.
Key features of PH8 HSPA+ M2M modules:
- Robust, single-sided design provides superior heat dissipation, allowing the PH8 to outperform power-consuming PCIe devices
- Provides a future-proof dependable bridge to LTE with the latest 45 nanometer chipset from Qualcomm’s long-life program
- Offers reliable M2M grade functionality with speeds up to 14.4 Mbps for downloads and 5.76 Mbps for uploads
- Compatible with Quad-Band GSM/GPRS, EDGE and five UMTS bands for true global roaming and worldwide support
- Provides reliable 24/7 communications even in extreme environments and remote locations
- 3 antenna connectors provide improved data speed under fluctuating network conditions and continuous GPS monitoring without blanking
- Full voice support including analogue audio processing enables quick and easy audio implementation for OEMs and developers
ETM Pacific is the distributor for CINTERION Wireless Modules GmbH in Australia and New Zealand.