Featuring enhancements such as additional frequency bands and higher operating temperature range, the new ETM9570-1 2G GSM/GPRS intelligent terminals and the ETM9910-1 3G UMTS/WCDMA intelligent terminals find use in metering, monitoring and remote data logging applications.
The 2G GSM/GPRS ETM9570-1 quad-band intelligent modems with 7 I/Os are currently available.
The 3G ETM9910-1 will be available once stocks of the existing ETM9900-1 terminals are exhausted.
Both the existing ETM9900-1 and the new ETM9910-1 intelligent terminals are approved for use on the Telstra Network.
Key features of the new intelligent modems:
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS (ETM9570-1)
- Tri-band UMTS/HSDPA and dual-band GSM/GPRS (ETM9910-1)
- Wide operating temperature range: -20ºC to 60ºC
- 7 configurable I/Os for data collection and/ or alarm applications
- Sleep mode for low power applications
The quad-band GSM/GPRS ETM9570-1 can be used on almost any 2G network worldwide enabling local customers to develop solutions for a worldwide market.
The ETM9910-1 is suitable for use across Australia and New Zealand. Its three UMTS frequencies cover the currently available WCDMA networks across Australia and New Zealand including:
- Telstra’s NextG network
- Optus’s new 900MHz 3G network
- Telecom NZ’s XT network
- Vodafone NZ’s 900MHz 3G network
- Existing 2100MHz networks
Applications for the new intelligent modems:
- Water metering
- Electrical metering
- Environmental monitoring
- SMS alarm
- Remote data logging
- Temperature monitoring and alarm
- Water depth monitoring and alarm