Faulhaber have expanded their encoder product line with the addition of its PA2-50 and PA2-100. They are now available from ERNTEC .
Faulhaber now offer high-resolution, low current-draw optical encoders in diameters ranging from 6mm to 12 mm. In addition, they now pack 50 lines per revolution into a 6 mm and 100 lines per revolution into an 8 up to 12 mm diameter package.
- Blending the best technologies, the new encoders expand possibilities for applications requiring miniature motors with encoders.
- By incorporating the “world’s smallest optical encoder”, Avago’s AEDR 8400 provides consistent, accurate, and high resolution not to be matched by magnetic encoders.
- Optimized for the AEDR 8400, a custom-designed codewheel maximizes the reflected light increasing the system’s efficiency and signal reliability.
- Moving beyond magnetic technology, the PA2-xx provide an impressive 50 / 100 lines per revolution before quadrature utilizing optical technology.
- Operating between 2.7 to 3.3V DC, low-voltage battery applications continue running longer with more robust feedback signal reliability.
- Improved battery life comes from a low-inertia codewheel and a battery-friendly current draw of 8 / 8.5 mA.