THE Dustrak 8520 Aerosol Monitor is a portable, battery-operated laser photometer with real-time mass concentration readout and data logging capability.
Available from ECO Environmental Pty Ltd , the monitor provides reliable exposure assessment by measuring particle concentrations corresponding to respirable size, PM10, PM2.5 or PM1.0 size fractions - all in real time.
Suitable for clean office settings as well as harsh industrial workplaces and outdoor applications, the aerosol monitor detects potential problems with airborne contaminants such as dust, smoke, fumes and mists.
The Dustrak 8520 is easy to use. Perform quick spot checks or program the advanced logging modes for long-term unattended sampling.
For outdoor applications, the Dustrak is available with an outdoor environmental enclosure.
The weatherproof Dustrak 8520 Environmental Enclosure protects the aerosol monitor when used outdoors and in harsh industrial environments.
Primarily used in outdoor settings, the wind and rain proof enclosure features an extended-life battery for long-term unattended sampling.
The Dustrak 8520 Environmental Enclosure comes with an omni-directional sampling inlet specifically designed to sample efficiently in a broad range of wind conditions.
The high capacity battery included with the enclosure permits continuous, 24-hour operation.
Two high capacity batteries are included with the enclosure, allowing one battery to be charged while the other is in operation.
The enclosure can be mounted to a standard surveyor tripod using a 15.875mm (5/8") thread.
Features and benefits include:
* Integrated pump allows use of size-selective aerosol inlet conditioners
* Measure particle concentrations corresponding to respirable, PM10, PM2.5 and PM1.0
* Displays real-time concentration (mg/m3) during sampling
* Display statistics: max, min and average readings and elapsed time
* Alarm set point from 0.002 to 100mg/m3
* Analogue output allows remote access to real-time particle concentration data
* Sheath air system keeps optics chamber clean for improved reliability and low maintenance
* Pre-program, analyse data, print graphs and create report with TRAKPRO data analysis software.
Environmental applications include:
* Ambient/work area monitoring
* Site perimeter monitoring/environmental sampling
* Indoor air quality studies
* Engineering studies
* Outdoor unattended environmental monitoring (requires environmental enclosure).