These calibrators are used to comply with health, safety and environmental regulations which require that all sound level meters and noise dose meters used for traceable measurements must be acoustically calibrated each time they are used (usually before and after the measurements are made). This ensures that the meters are correctly reading a known reference sound level at a known reference frequency, providing not only confidence in your subsequent measured results but also legal traceability.
The Brüel & Kjær Sound Calibrators Type 4231 are very robust and stable. A leather protecting case, which does not need to be removed to use the calibrators, is also supplied.
The following are some of the features and benefits of the Brüel & Kjær Sound Calibrators Type 4231:
- Conforms to EN/IEC60942 (2003) Class LS and Class 1, and ANSI S1.40 – 1984
- Robust pocket-size design with highly stable level and frequency
- Calibration accuracy ±0.2 dB
- 94 dB SPL, or 114 dB SPL for calibration in noisy environments
- Extremely small influence of static pressure and temperature
- Sound pressure independent of microphone equivalent volume
- 1 kHz calibration frequency for correct calibration level independent of weighting networks
- Fits Brüel & Kjær 1″ and 1/2″ microphones (1/4″ and 1/8″ microphones with adaptor)
- Switches off automatically when removed from the microphone