PR Electronics 5335 head transmitters and 6335 DIN rail transmitters have been available with HART 5 protocol communications for many years. HART is one of the most widely used network protocols.
The new HART 7 is a quantum leap in capability above HART 5 with up to 63 transmitters on one loop to suit SIL installations and available with IECEX certification.
The new version gives access to five device variables with status through the digital link. To meet this new opportunity, PR has released the PR 5337 and 6337 series of head transmitters with capability for versions 5 and 7 software. PR recommends HART transparent IS barrier PR-9106B for intrinsically safe loops with this transmitter.
The PR 5337 is part of an advanced group of transmitters from PR Electronics including the Fieldbus and Profibus model PR5350.
Key features of PR 5337 head transmitters:
- Configured directly using a PC and proprietary loop link interface and PRSet software or using the HART connection
- Flexible device with inputs for thermocouple, RTD, mV and differential inputs
- Response time is programmable from 1 to 60 seconds
- Device update time is 440msec
- Accuracy is 0.05% of span