The Kempe Group is a leading global specialist provider of innovative engineering solutions as well as asset services for aluminium smelting and major resource industries.
The Kempe Group had tasked DynamicFit with the upgrade of Dynamics AX to AX2009. This upgrade involved multiple companies across the globe and offered huge functionality improvements.
Their multi-level as well as diverse engineering products and services are delivered across four business divisions:
- Technology, Engineering & Construction (equipment supply and turnkey projects)
- Manufacturing, Precision Spare Parts and Components
- Maintenance and Asset Services including Sustaining Capital Works
- Fluidpower, Industrial Products and Services
After considering a range of enterprise systems including SAP, Great Plains, Sage, Pronto, M1, Mex and Greentree, the company decided to go with Microsoft Dynamics AX.
“Microsoft Dynamics AX has delivered everything we asked for. It’s taken our business to the next level by significantly improving financial and operational management,” said Kris Rendevski, Operations Director, Kempe Group. “DynamicFit has strong business knowledge in Project Management, Distribution and Manufacturing, which made them stand out from the rest. Their single product focus of Microsoft Dynamics AX and knowledgeable staff made working with them a pleasure. They are committed to supporting our business needs into the future.”
Key benefits of Microsoft Dynamics AX software include:
- Centralised and integrated information storage solution that stores information in real-time
- Managers can access reliable data to help them better manage operations and support business growth
- Administration is consolidated into one location enabling better financial management and effectiveness
- New sites and local functionalities can be added easily to support the organisation’s expansion strategy, helping it to cost-effectively open and acquire new business units
- Significantly reduces cash collection cycles
- Increased inventory accuracy from 7% error rate to 0.6% at 2008 stocktake
- Accurate data ensures managers have improved insight into supply as well as demand and can more easily identify areas for change or improvement
- Productivity and sales gains from accurate reporting and reduction in administrative errors
- Reduction and identification of inventory ‘dead stock’ by 25%
- On-time accurate accounts across many business units
- Ability to control larger and complicated international project work
- Enhanced security from reliable and accurate business data