Dwyer Instruments is a specialised supplier of a complete range of practical and affordable instrumentation.
Series DTP dip tape plastic level indicators are manual level indicators that are compact in design, provide uninterrupted liquid level indication and do not use electricity for operation.
Featuring a sturdy, lightweight design, the DTP tank level indicators are ideal for 30-gallon or 55-gallon tanks.
Key features of DTP level indicators
- Stem and mounting fixtures are available in PVC, PVDF or polypropylene
- Choice of three highly resistive, engineered plastic material and large floats to provide rugged durability in almost any chemical tank
- Float and stem are the only parts of the DTP that make contact with the liquid ensuring that the indication tape is always clean and easy to read
- Simple to customise to meet specific application requirements
- Custom-configurable DTP is available in lengths ranging from 15.2cm up to 182.9cm
- Ideal for quick readouts taken periodically
- Accuracy to 1mm
- Useful in remote areas where power is unavailable or locations where power is undesirable
Functioning of DTP level indicators
The float located on the DTP is equipped with a magnet that moves with the liquid level vertically along the stem inside the storage vessel.
Tank level reading is acquired by simply removing the protective cap located on the top of the unit and lifting the calibrated measuring tape until the magnetic interlock with the float causes a slight pull.
The indicator tape remains at this point while the level is read where the calibration aligns with the top of the mounting. The indicator tape can then be lowered back inside the unit stem for storage and protection.