Series BT bimetal thermometers available from Dwyer Instruments are commonly used to measure water temperature on chillers and boilers.
Designed to offer accurate and reliable service in tough environments, Series BT bimetal thermometers feature a stainless steel construction to ensure corrosion resistance while the hermetically sealed units prevent crystal fogging. The bimetal element directly drives the pointer, eliminating gears and linkage.
Field calibration is done using an external reset screw while an easy-to-read aluminium dial minimises parallax error. Back connection, lower connection or adjustable angle can be chosen for easy viewing and installation. Adjustable models can be rotated a full 360° and tilted over a 180° arc.
A suitable thermowell is recommended when using the bimetal thermometers in pressurised applications.
- Wetted Materials: 304 SS
- Housing Material: Series 300 SS
- Lens: Glass
- Accuracy: ±1% full-scale
- Response Time: ≤ 40 seconds
- Temperature Limits:
- Head: 93°C
- Stem: Not to exceed 50% over-range or 538°C/ 427°C continuously
- Process Connection: ¼” NPT on 2˝ dial size; 1/2˝ NPT on 3˝ or 5˝ dial size
- Stem Diameter: 1/4˝ OD
- Immersion Depth: Minimum 2˝ in liquids, 4˝ in gas