Dwyer Instruments , a provider of solutions for a complete range of practical and affordable instrumentation, has announced the release of its new series DX differential pressure switch.
Wetted materials of brass and flouroelastomer are suitable for use with most gases and water based solutions. The new series DX differential pressure switch can be used for low differential pressure indication with set point on a decrease of pressure as low as 1 psid (0.07 bar).
Differential set point ranges are available from 2.5 to 75 psid (0.17 to 5.17 bar) on increasing differential pressure and 1.0 to 67 psid (0.07 to 4.62 bar) on decreasing differential pressure.
The new series DX differential pressure switch features a high static pressure rating of 200 psig (13.8 bar) for higher static pressure applications.
As standard, these differential pressure are encased in a weatherproof, UL type 4X enclosure for dust laden, outdoor, or wash-down installation environments.
New series DX differential pressure switches incorporate an externally adjustable set point, integral mounting flange and a removable electrical terminal block for quick and simple installation.
They also use opposing diaphragms to sense the high and low pressure with a pivot mechanism that transfers the difference of the two pressures to the SPDT switch.
Suitable applications for the new series DX differential pressure switch include:
- indicating filter differential pressure, for example initiating water filter backwash as the filter becomes clogged on increasing differential pressure
- proof of flow indicator monitoring differential pressure from a sensing device, for example sensing the pressure across an orifice plate to prove water flow
- proving flow through a pump by sensing the pressure across the pump to make sure the pump does not run dry
- proving flow through a chiller, often called evaporator water pressure drop
- proving flow through a heat pump or AC unit, often called a condenser water lock-out switch.