Designed for direct or reverse acting (cooling or heating) control, the Series 8C temperature controllers can be programmed for simple ON/OFF or more complex PID control functions. PID control is supported with manual or auto-tuning while relay, voltage pulse or current output control methods can be selected.
Series 8C temperature controllers also include two additional alarm outputs that can be configured from 12 different pre-programmed settings.
The temperature controller accepts a variety of thermocouple and RTD inputs with the process value and setpoint value displayed simultaneously on the large dual LED. Auto-tuning, engineering units (°F or °C) and alarm status are also indicated on the faceplate.
- Inputs: Thermocouple and RTD
- Display: Two 4-digit, 7 segment 0.38˝ H (9.53 mm) LEDs (PV: red; SV: green)
- Accuracy: ±0.25% span, ±1 least significant digit
- Supply Voltage: 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 5 VA max.
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 50°C
- Memory Backup: Non-volatile memory
- Control Output Ratings:
- Relay: SPDT, 5A @ 250 VAC resistive
- Voltage pulse: 14V, 10% to -20% (max 40 mA)
- Current: 4 to 20 mA
- Communication: RS-485 Modbus communication protocol
- Weight: 15 oz (425 g)
- Agency Approvals: CE, RoHS, cUL, UL
- Front Panel Rating: NEMA 4X (IP66)
- SCD-SW, Configuration Software
- MN-1, Mini-Node USB/RS-485 converter
- A-600, R/C snubber