Edutechnics benchtop heat exchangers, provided by Duff & MacIntosh , are designed for use in teaching applications, providing a useful tool for students to examine and compare small-scale heat exchanges.
These benchtop heat exchangers are simple and safe to use, featuring foolproof fittings that allow students to change and connect optional heat exchangers quickly and easily, without the use of tools.
Optional heat exchangers that are compatible with these benchtop models include the most common types used in industry, such as tubular, plate, shell and tube and jacketed vessels with coils and stirrers.
Edutechnics benchtop heat exchangers offer teachers and students the opportunity to engage in a range of practical experiments that include:
- heat transfer from one fluid to another through a solid wall
- energy balance and efficiency calculations
- parallel-flow and counter-flow operation
- measurement of heat transfer and effect of fluid flow (temperature differential)
- introduction to logarithmic mean temperature difference; and
- flow-through and batch heating.