Nothing is more frustrating than losing unsaved work when your building or office suffers a power failure or black out. It costs your company money, time and efficiency; not to mention the down turn in staff motivation and productivity.
All these problems can be solved by installing one small piece of hardware; a UPS (Un-interruptible Power Supply).
Businesses, who consider a disaster prevention power backup solution, are in a better position to recover quickly from major power disruption.
Finding a supplier who can provide the correct solution, product and support is essential to the continuity of your business operations.
Two independent case studies researching the impact a power failure has on a business found the following results:
- 90% of all companies that experience a computer "disaster" and have no survival plan, go out of business within 18 months. (Source: Price Waterhouse)
- Over 33% of companies that suffer a computer failure take more than a day to recover from the disruption. 10% take more than a week (Source: National Computing Centre).
IBM's list of the ten commonly identified consequences of computer breakdown:
- Loss of business/customers
- Cash flow problems
- Inability to run payroll
- Loss of operational data
- Loss of customer account management
- Loss of goodwill
- Deterioration of customer service
- Backlog of work/loss of production
- Financial loss and
- Loss of financial control.
The UPS power supplies and back-up batteries are available from Dueltek Computer Products.