The fibre converter, available from Dueltek Computer Products , transforms 10/100Base-TX UTP/STP media to 100Base-FX multi-mode media. The 10/100Base-TX port supports auto-negotiation and auto-MDIX. Designed to connect up to 2km, the converters are the perfect fast Ethernet multi-mode solution.
The TFC-210MSC fibre converter works with the TFC-1000 chassis system or as a standalone unit. This converter is a multi mode SC-Type fibre converter spanning distances up to 2km (1.2 miles). Ports include 1 x 10/100Base-TX (RJ-45) port and 1 x 100Base-FX (SC-Type) port. The TFC-210 series is also available in ST form factor - Dueltek Part Number: TFC-210MSTE.
Following are the features and benefits of 10/100Base-TX to 100Base-FX fibre multi-mode SC-type fibre converter:
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3 10Base-T and IEEE 802.3u 100Base-TX, 100Base-FX standards
- One 10/100Base-TX auto-negotiation, Auto-MDIX RJ-45 port
- One 100Base-FX multi-mode SC-type fibre port
- Supports LLCF (Link Loss Carry Forward)
- Provides dip switches to set: UTP (Auto Negotiation/Full Duplex), fibre (Half Duplex/Full Duplex), LLCF (Enable/Disable), mode (Pure mode/Switch mode)
- 802.3x flow control for 10/100Base-TX port
- Diagnostic LEDs
- Plug and play, hot swappable
- Optional 19 fibre converter chassis (TFC-1000) holds up to 10 media converters