The BL4S100, available from Dominion Electronics , is a low-cost Rabbit 4000 microprocessor based single-board computer series that delivers ZigBee and Ethernet capability. On-board ZigBee RF modules offer mesh networking functionality to make networking easy to deploy and simple to maintain. With both Ethernet and ZigBee connectivity integrated onto the BL4S100, the series delivers a low-cost platform to design a ZigBee enabled Ethernet network.
The following are the features of the BL4S100 single-board computer:
- Rabbit 4000 microprocessor running at 40 MHz
- ZigBee enabled
- 10Base-T Ethernet connectivity
- 20 digital I/O
- 3 serial ports
- 8 Analogue inputs
- Battery-backed real-time clock
- Watchdog supervisor
- Screw-terminal connectors
- Easily monitor and control ZigBee networks with feature-rich web applications using a Rabbit web server
- Dynamic C libraries provide ready support for AT and API commands
- Full interoperability with other ZigBee PRO feature set based devices
- Integrated hardware and software solution reduces overall development time and costs
- ZigBee to Ethernet gateway functionality
- Optional Rabbit Embedded Security Module offers secure data transfer with AES encryption and SSL/TLS for embedded web security
The BL4S100 single-board computer is used for the following applications:
- Monitoring and control for intelligent building automation
- Asset tracking and management for commercial and industrial applications
- Air quality monitoring
- Energy monitoring and management
Rabbit’s BL4S100 single-board computers offer a low-cost solution for control and communication to get through the development process quickly. The BL4S100 single-board computer series is designed to support the increasing use of ZigBee connectivity for companies looking to deploy wireless networking. Digi’s XBee ZB ZigBee PRO RF modules are compatible with other manufacturers’ devices using the ZigBee PRO compliant feature set, providing great flexibility in choices of nodes to include on the network.
The BL4S100 single-board computer series integrates on-board functionality to support a wide range of applications. Analogue inputs, general purpose I/O as well as serial ports, along with 10Base-T Ethernet connectivity provide design resources for both commercial and industrial applications.
Users can develop and debug programmes using Rabbit’s Dynamic C integrated development environment. The Dynamic C IDE includes the popular µC/OS-II Real-time Kernel operating system, point-to-point protocol (PPP), FAT file system, RabbitWeb and other select libraries.
Users can connect the BL4S100 series board to the PC using a USB cable and then debug using breakpoints. Users can watch expressions and other features oriented toward real-time embedded systems programming. An extensive library of drivers and sample programmes is provided, including a royalty-free TCP/IP stack for network and internet communications. Rabbit provides full source code for most of the library routines.