The enclosure for 3U CompactPCI cards, available from Dominion Electronics , allows the use of standard boards designed for ventilated systems in an environment which needs conductive cooling also. All components are directly coupled to the housing to divert waste heat to the exterior wall. This reduces the costs involved in the higher overhead of conduction cooling to the housing and no PCB space is lost on the boards for this cooling method.
The robust enclosure of 3U CompactPCI cards is hermetically sealed against impacts from outside, offers high vibration and shock resistance through the use of wedge locks as well as special connector types.
The robust enclosure of 3U CompactPCI cards has the following features:
- For standard 3U cards within CCA frames
- 3-slot 3U backplane
- System slot left and horizontal installation
- 4 MIL-C-38999 connectors (57 user I/O pins)
- Wide-range such as PSU 9-36V and 35W
- -40 to +70°C operating temperature
- IP 65 compliant