The Australasian Oil & Gas Exhibition & Conference (AOG) opened in Perth on February 22, 2012, playing host to industry leaders from Australia, UK, China, Singapore, USA, Norway, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Malaysia, Indonesia and India.
One of Australia’s largest oil and gas events, AOG 2012 features over 460 exhibitors from 18 countries filling all six pavilions at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre (PCEC) over three days.
AOG 2012 will showcase the latest innovations, projects and technology from leading oil and gas operators, contractors and supply companies, including Woodside, INPEX, Technip, FMC Technologies, Aker Solutions, Siemens, GE Oil & Gas, Cameron, Honeywell and Subsea 7.
According to Event Director, Bill Hare, AOG is a major Australian oil and gas event, attracting over 11,000 visitors and providing a platform for exhibitors to conduct major business over the course of the exhibition.
Western Australia’s Minister for Energy, Peter Collier joined British High Commissioner to Australia, HE Paul Madden to announce a major new initiative to encourage more British companies to do business with and invest in Australia’s oil and gas industry.
More than 60 UK companies are participating at AOG 2012, making up the largest foreign delegation at the event and the largest-ever British contingent at AOG till date.
The first day of the event included topical sessions of the AOG Conference with local and international experts delving into industry hot topics such as logistics infrastructure and asset performance management.
The Subsea Australasia Conference also got underway, with 550 delegates coming together to explore new advances in field development, subsea operations, connection systems and infrastructure in a packed program of presentations.
Day 1 highlights:
- UK Trade & Investment announcement made by Minister for Energy, Peter Collier and British High Commissioner to Australia, HE Paul Madden on a major new initiative to encourage more British companies to do business with Australia’s oil and gas industry.
- Opening of AOG 2012 with over 460 exhibitors from 18 countries coming together for the opening of the Australasian Oil & Gas Exhibition & Conference.
- Feature Zones focusing on key areas of the industry including innovation, subsea technology, drilling and downhole technology, education and research, innovation and health, safety and the environment.
- AOG Conference sessions comprising of presentations from industry experts on the latest developments in logistics infrastructure and asset performance management.
- Subsea Australasia Conference covers new advances in field development, subsea operations, connection systems and infrastructure in the fast-growing subsea industry.
- AOG Opening Party
- Wednesday 22 February 11am – 7pm
- Thursday 23 February 11am – 7pm
- Friday 24 February 11am – 4pm