Dimac Tooling presents a unique toolholder that combines the ER collet chuck and quick change system to offer unique advantages in turning and milling applications.
The new WTO QuickFlex systems come as a straight drill/milling unit and a right angle drill/milling unit, which make them ideal for lathes with milling capability.
The QuickFlex system consists of two independent taper connections with the shorter taper positioned just behind the thread for the QuickFlex adapter, providing radial centring and axial support of the adapter while also protecting the toolholder from chips and dirt.
The radial bearing support for the adapter further back ensures high stiffness under load, which in turn offers assured permanent accuracy of the run-out.
Dimac Director Paul Fowler explains that the toolholders with ER collet chuck and quick change capability offer unique benefits to the user.
Key user benefits of WTO QuickFlex quick change system:
- Cutting tools can be clamped directly in the toolholder using a standard ER collet
- Cutting tools can be pre-set while the machine is in operation
- Patent pending one-hand wrench reduces time and effort for tool changes
- Wrench can be used to change ER collet nuts as well as the QuickFlex adapters easily
- Minimal investment
The QuickFlex program in 2012 will cover well-established machines with bolt-on tooling type turrets.
QuickFlex is already available for the following machines:
- Okuma LT-2000 M EX
- Mazak QTS-200 M
- Doosan Puma 1500-3100, TT1800
- Miyano ABX 51, 63
- Goodway GLS-1500
- Takisawa TY-2000