Dimac Tooling supplies an innovative range of multi-task gantry loaders developed by Samsys in Germany.
Winning Sam multi-task loaders are a line of universal loaders designed for the automatic loading and unloading of billets, shafts, casting parts and bars.
Requiring a floor area of only 2.25m x 2.25m, Samsys’ Winning Sam multi-task loaders also provide the option to reverse the parts over in order to machine the other side on single-spindle lathes.
Winning Sam multi-task gantry loaders are based on a 3-axis gantry to which a bar loader and one or several part/ bar storage magazines have been integrated.
The gantry deals with feeding the slugs and unloading and storing of machined parts. The bar loader is mounted on horizontal and vertical axes, which allow easy pick-up and positioning of bar stock.
The third axis manages the insertion of the bars into the spindle and material feeding. The gantry recovers the parts and end of bar scrap.
Key features of Winning Sam multi-task gantry loaders:
- Round or profiled bar stock can be fed with the same multi-task loader
- Option of recovering machined parts, separating chips and stocking fragile parts in a part magazine
- Recovers end of bar scrap, and separates it from chips and machined parts
- Parts can be passed on to a part control station interfaced with the lathe in automatic mode
- Rapid feed up to 90 m/min and 60 m/min for the bar loader
- Quick loading/ unloading of parts and bar stock
- Easy programming with large touch-screen and teach-in mode for initial and final positions
- Fast start-up and changeover ideal for small and medium-sized production batches