Dimac Tooling offers the Kitagawa QJR series (Quick Jaw Release), a range of quick change power chucks designed for quick and smooth jaw replacement in multifunction milling and turning machines in workshops.
The proper selection of workholding involves more than simply accepting the chuck that came with the machine as the solution. Workshop managers need to invest more time to find the most appropriate solutions for greater process efficiency.
Running high volume parts requires a stable process to ensure consistently produced high quality parts over longer periods of time. This frequently leads to more specialised workholding solutions rather than the flexibility desired in the job shop.
Given the increasing use of multifunction machines with milling and turning in the same machine, chuck selection needs to focus on offering greater flexibility in the workshop.
While standard chucks that come on the machine may work fine, quick jaw change chucks are more suitable if the lot sizes are very small and require frequent change-over.
The Kitagawa QJR series of quick change power chucks from Dimac Tooling allows very rapid jaw change to minimise downtime and increase efficiency, delivering more speed as well as consistent gripping forces and bore size when compared to conventional chucks.
Key features of the QJR series quick change power chucks:
- Can be easily mounted in place of a standard chuck to keep the installation cost low
- Directly interchangeable chuck with the popular BB200 series as they feature the same through bore, plunger stroke and drawtube connection positions
- Allows a new QJR08 to effectively replace a BB208 chuck without the need for any special adaption parts
- Uses a quick change base jaw system that can accept standard metric serrated top jaws from existing B200 and BB200 chucks
- Offers an increase in gripping force when compared to the BB200 series
- Manufactured from high grade alloy steel
- Large bore chuck fits Dimac standard metric top jaws, and an optional base jaw fits common cross tenon top jaws
- Mounting dimensions are identical to matching B and BB series (B208, BB208, B210, BB210, B212, BB212) eliminating need for expensive new connectors or cylinders