Available from Dimac Tooling , Cooljet medium pressure coolant systems deliver all the benefits of high pressure systems at a third of the cost.
Different types of coolant delivery help avoid problems during drilling and especially deep-hole drilling operations. Common types of coolant systems include flood coolant systems, low-pressure through-spindle coolant systems and high-pressure through-spindle coolant systems.
Flood coolant systems are not capable of delivering sufficient quantities of coolant to the tool tip as the drill penetrates deep into the workpiece. This results in the hole being dry cut, while the tool heats up and is subjected to premature wear or breakage.
Successful deep-hole drilling is based on getting coolant down to the tip of the drill where it can remove heat and evacuate chips. Coolant-through-spindle systems provide a good solution.
Better chip evacuation is enabled by systems that deliver coolant at high pressure, such as the Cooljet coolant pressure systems, which boost coolant pressure to 70bar. High-pressure coolant-through-spindle systems not only eliminate or reduce pecking but also have higher feed rates and spindle speeds. Tool life is also enhanced as a result.
However, retrofitting a machine for high-pressure coolant supply can be a costly exercise and for many operations the extremely high-pressure of 70bar is not always necessary.
Medium-pressure coolant systems are a good alternative, because they still have a positive effect on both chip breaking and heat. The coolant forced into the cutting zone at medium pressure is more effective in removing heat than at low pressure and increases tool life.
Key features of Cooljet medium pressure coolant systems:
- Fixed coolant flow of 30l/min at 20bar
- Single 10-micron high-capacity filter and a 150-litre tank
- Allows for quick and affordable installation without the need to modify the machine tool
- Plug and pump interface developed by Cooljet allows rapid and intelligent connection
- Delivers good chip evacuation especially for bigger drills at a third of the investment costs of high pressure systems
- Can be applied to a wide range of machine operations and not restricted to drilling
- High-capacity filter ensures the coolant drawn out of the machine is filtered and re-used, reducing operating costs
- Compact footprint of 0.5m x 1m
- Optional features include DIN connectors and OEM specific kits