Dewar Electronics announces the release of OPC Gateway by ReLab Software designed to enable interoperability and bridging of network computers using OPC technology. The OPC Gateway links computers on the network, simply and easily.
Part of the ReLab OPC Suite, the OPC Gateway enables efficient, fast and secure data delivery between networked computers while eliminating the need to address DCOM configuration issues, data throughput limitation due to bandwidth, domain restrictions and firewall obstacles.
Built with the same reliability of ReLab’s other OPC communications products, the OPC Gateway consists of two components: OPC Gateway Producer and OPC Gateway Consumer. The OPC Gateway Producer collects the OPC data from multiple OPC servers, packages it and sends it to the OPC Gateway Consumer.
Only the OPC Gateway Producer needs to be configured, simplifying the operation of the OPC Gateway and improving its reliability.
Key features of OPC Gateway:
- Simple and fast OPC Producer configuration
- Fast and reliable data connection
- Secure communication through just one open port
- No programming required
- Simple to configure with no programming required
- Configurable for both Producer and Consumer redundancy
- Designed for high levels of performance in mission critical applications
- Deterministic failure modes
- Automatically reconnects OPC links after aborted communications sessions
- Can run as an application or as a Windows Service
- Enables OPC communication between networks
- Eliminates exposure of computers to unauthorised access from the outside
- Eliminates the headaches and risk associated with DCOM connections
- No lost information
- Reduces system integration time
- Improves interoperability of different network functions