Dewar Electronics has announced that GarrettCom is adding a new model to its line of media converters.
Combine a Gigabit (Gb) fibre media converter and a two-port 10/100/1000 copper switch and you have the Magnum CSG14 converter switch a new high-speed flexible edge-of-the network industrial Ethernet product.
The CSG14 family of Gb converter switches with a Gb fibre built-in offers a full range of Gb fibre port choices.
Models available provide a) fixed Gb fibre ports for short distance SX fibre, b) fixed LC-type transceivers for single-mode GB fibre, and c) SFP ports (small form-factor pluggable) for flexible choices of the transceiver distance needed.
The compact package is ideal for industrial network edge installations. Where a Gb media converter might have been used, a Gb converter switch offers a better value.
Three new models for three application environments:
- Hardened for factory floor
- Premium-rated for -40° to 75°C, and outdoors
- Premium-rated with PoE on the two RJ-45 ports
- Combines Gb fibre media converter and 10/100/1000 Ethernet switch into one unit
- Provides one Gb fibre port and two (2) 10/100/1000 copper switch ports
- Two RJ-45 ports support auto-negotiation to enable attaching any 10 Mb, 100 Mb, or 1000Mb device to them
- ll fibre port types supported: fixed, multi-mode SX (both short and extended distance); fixed, single-mode LC; and SFP (small form-factor pluggable) for flexible choices of the transceivers needed
- AC power available for all models
- Both factory floor and premium (outdoor) models also have integral DC power terminal blocks for 12V, 24V, or -48VDC
- DIN-rail mounting for factory floor applications
- Rack mount option, see MC14-TRAY below
- Conformal coating (optional)
- For 100 Mb model, see Magnum CS14 converter switch
- For 10 Mb model, see Magnum CSN14 converter switch
- Same mounting options, hardened packaging, and power input types as the Magnum 14-series media converters