Dewar Electronics have announced that the Field-hardened Magnum 6KQ managed switch has an additional model, Magnum 6KQE added to the range of GarrettCom Industrial Ethernet products. The Magnum 6KQE and Magnum 6KQ are available from Dewar Electronics.
Magnum 6KQ is a heavy duty field switch for industrial networking applications. The base unit has four 10/100 copper ports. Magnum 6KQ may be configured with a variety of 10/100/1000Mb fibre and copper port connector types from a family of port modules. The Magnum 6KQ has 16 ports maximum and up to 2Gb ports are optional.
Magnum 6KQE is a heavy duty edge switch that occupies the same footprint as the Magnum 6KQ. The port configurations are different in the 6KQE. The base unit also has four 10/100 copper ports. Up to three 100Mb fibre ports or up to four more 10/100 copper ports (or combinations) may also be configured. The Magnum 6KQE has 10 ports maximum and up to 2Gb ports are optional.
Following are the features of Magnum 6KQ and the Magnum 6KQE:
- Full-featured MNS-6K software in a small factory-floor package
- Panel-mount brackets included, DIN-rail optional, metal bracket for cable strain relief optional
- Highly configurable, all fibre port types, up to twelve 100Mb and 2Gb with SFPs in multi-mode and single mode
- Advanced thermal design with heavy-duty aluminium case with a ribbed surface for heat dissipation (no fans)
- IP53 for environmental protection
- Conformal coating, choice of light duty (6 mil) for humidity and heavy duty (14 mil) for oil, gas and petrochemicals
- DC power at 12V, 24V, 48V, 125V, and 250V Dual-Source
- AC optional
- PoE configurable, 4 ports (4 or 8 for the 6KQ)
- Meets IEC 61850 and IEEE 1613 Environmental standard for electric power substations
- Non-blocking wire speed performance on all ports, 802.1p QoS prioritization
- Magnum MNS-6K software includes: GUI for ease-of-use, SNMPv2, v3, RMON, advanced security, SNTP, event log, BootP, DHCP
- IGMP snooping with multicast message filtering or pruning, IGMP-L2 for multicast management
- Manages redundant rings with the S-Ring software product, RSTP and software Dual-Homing included